Thinking of building a new home? There’s lots to consider and even more decisions to be made like selecting a site location, general contractor, building design, interior layout and what building materials & finishes to use! It can be a very anxious time to say the least.
Whether you’re buying a new home or having one built for you, progress inspections can ensure that items contracted for are being carried out to your satisfaction. By hiring a private independent inspector they can:
- review contracts, drawings, blueprints and the likes with a “non-legal” view to help manage your expectations with what has been contracted for.
- act as a second set of eyes and offer suggestions for your consideration to include or exclude in the build
- provide progress inspections on various items, such as: footings, lateral sewers & water, foundation, under slab drains, plumbing & mechanical rough-ins, framing, insulation & vapour barriers, final interior / exterior
- ensure that specified materials, finishes & extras are carried out according to your contracted wishes.
- carry out the final pre-delivery inspection with you.
If you’re building or buying a brand a new home, visit the site daily to review the days progress to ensure what you contracted for is being done to your satisfaction. If you’re not comfortable with construction practices, get professional help…hire a private independent inspector that will look out for your best interests!