It goes without saying, almost all electrical work that is done wrong are fire shock hazards waiting to happen, putting life & property at great risk.
When inspecting homes, it’s not uncommon for us to see electrical work that gets us shaking our heads. Often, someone is trying to take a shortcut to save money and or time. In the electrical world that can spell disaster. In both of these pictures, the cable sheathing for the wire was cut too short. Putting electrician’s tape over the wires (see right picture) is not a substitute for the cable sheathing. Having no cable clamp for wires (see left picture) also means the wires can get pulled out of the junction box.
If you’re contemplating doing work to your home that requires electrical upgrades, consult a licensed electrician and avoid fire shock hazards!
If you’re thinking of buying a home? Get it inspected!