You may be surprised to learn that there can be environmental concerns in homes that you are unaware of. Some may only affect those that are environmentally hypersensitive, while others may affect those with compromised immune systems or upper respiratory problems. Some may develop an allergies or resistance to allergen. If the health & welfare of the occupants is not a concern, it may be to future buyers. Additionally, more and more, these unwanted environmental issues are confronting home buyers today in other ways too. It can:
- be a potential liability to homeowners
- cause homes to have a stigma attached to them that affects their value
- have costs associated with any remedial / abatement work
- place contractors / workers in unsafe / unhealthy working conditions, stooping work until remedied
- in the event of a fire, it may taint other building materials left in the aftermath making clean-up / remediation costly and not covered by insurance
What about you? Are you environmentally hypersensitive to building materials in your home? If you are concerned about environmental issues in and around your home, contact us about what we can do to assist you.