Do you have mice problems? If so, it can be a nightmare if not quickly put under control…when that mouse trap or two aren’t getting the job done.
In the fall, mice are looking for food and warmth, and what mouse wouldn’t prefer the inside of your house to outside. To keep them at bay, here are a few things you can try:
- get rid of any potential food sources for mice
- clean the inside of cupboards & use glass / metal containers for dry foods
- seal any openings outside on the home’s exterior that would allow mice into your house
- set out traps baited with peanut butter or chocolate
- check traps often and if you don’t get any mice, relocate the traps.
There are different types of traps, some which kill and other that trap for release. You can also use poison bait, but you will want this in its own tamper proof container so that children, infants and pets can not be affected by them.
Be aware that mice can carry infectious diseases, so if they get into your food throw it away. Wear gloves when handling mice or traps, and wash your hands and affected areas after finishing up with any mice escapades.
If you are not gaining control, contact a licensed exterminator for further professional advice.